Friday, January 15, 2010

Bid Me Wings...Literally.

Hi friends,

I have some very exciting news to share!  I have an opportunity this spring, May 15-28, to join an organization called “Mocha Club” and travel to Kenya, Africa!  Going on an African missions trip has been something I’ve felt called to for the past 10 years and I finally have the opportunity to go.

Our team will spend time visiting and serving a couple of projects in the city of Nairobi within Kibera slum, the second largest slum in Africa. One project that Mocha Club supports is a job-training school that was just established this past year. In addition, our team will travel outside the city to visit a village where Mocha Club is supporting both a feeding program during Kenya’s current famine as well as orphan care.  At the orphanage, most of the children are victims of AIDs and are in dire need of love, food and attention.

So...here is the fun part!  I'm opening an online esty shop called "Bid Me Wings: Vintage Clothes and Collectibles".  I'm using this as a fundraising tool and also because I have wanted to open an online vintage clothing shop for quite some time!  50% of every item you purchase goes directly toward my trip.  The shop will open Jan. 17th!!

Here are some images of Kibera Slum where we'll be the first week of the trip:

 

Love,
Beth



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing... I am so jealous. I have wanted to go to Africa since I was in the sixth grade. I always felt it was something I was called to do, but like you said, it's getting there that's the problem! I'm sooo happy for you that you've gotten this opportunity! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete